Mid-level Full Stack Web Developer
Sydney, Australia. Remote-friendly
Our applications integrate with many third party APIs, from retail giants to large international banks. We have recently launched www.myamexshop.com.au in association with American Express and have many more international sites in the pipeline.
We are an international business with employees in Australia, Korea, and the Philippines. Our tech team is spread across the east coast of Australia
Permanent full-time. Fully remote AEST. Co-working spaces optional.
Your initial day-to-day would involve pulling tasks from a list in Jira and solving them. We split our work up into small chunks and aim for small pull requests that are easy to review. This role has the potential to adapt to your strengths, and we are open to allowing a focus into either backend or frontend in the future.
We have two senior engineers (nearly 30 years combined professional experience) who are experienced in mentoring developers to aid in learning and career development.
We understand that picking up a new code base takes time, especially if you have not used many of the tools we use.
Our expectation is that you have a desire to learn. You make mistakes, but rarely make the same mistakes twice.
Languages: Python, Typescript
Frameworks: Django, React, Gatsby, Terraform
Ops: Google Cloud (GKE, CloudSQL, etc.)
- We do things the right way
- We take the time required for the task
- We don’t use third party libraries unless we have to
- Our unit test coverage is 95%+
- UX and security comes first
- Our solutions are guided by marketing, but engineering-driven
- Exceptional English language and writing skills
- Experience working full time as a software developer
- Very comfortable learning about, and working on, the entire web stack
- Flexibility around “agile” software practices. Not subscribed to a particular way of working
- These do not scare you: Babel, Webpack, Yarn, linting, static typing, functional components, automated testing, code review, GitHub, CSS pre-processing
- An eye for design, and the desire to make high quality software
- Report into the VP of Engineering
- Work with other developers in a flexible agile structure
- Develop new full-stack functionality for the MyAmexShopping and MyAmexShop websites
- Write clean, performant, well-tested code
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly bonus system
What do our partners say about us
“Partnering with PerformID's Korean loyalty platform for ShinhanCard and AMEX (myamexshopping.com) has empowered near real-time rewards to exclusive customer segments in the millions. Their technology is an exciting breakthrough for financial services and performance marketing.”